Transition to Big Diamond Baseball
Summary of Big Diamond options offered by West Hartford Amateur Baseball Association
- 13U – Transitional Players – First time Big Diamond Players.
- 14U – First Year Completed Big Diamond Players.
- 15U – Second Year Big Diamond Players.
- 16U – High School Level Players.
- Each age group is limited to 24 players.
- Each age group will meet once a week and once on weekends.
- Runs early September – mid October.
Spring Recreational Baseball
- Alumni League
- 13-16 year old players
- Play at Sedgwick, KP, KO JV Field and Hall JV Field.
- League President Rich Demorias
Spring Travel Baseball
- Thunder: 14U Travel team.
- Lightning: 13U Travel team.
- Lightning Hybrid: Players are assigned to Hybrid and Alumni team. Play games for both. Based on numbers.
- Tryout is required.
- Practices start first week of April.
- 12-14 game schedule.
- Season ends late May.
Contact Rick Sanford
Summer Recreational Baseball
- Member of Central CT Babe Ruth League
- Goal is to provide high quality, competitive baseball without having to sacrifice summer vacation and other summer activities.
- Season begins around June 1st and ends around July 7th.
- League President, Bob Reale
Summer Travel Baseball
- Farmington Bank/Vantis Life
- 3 divisions – ages as of April 30th.
- 13U – Thunder & Lightning play in this division. Tryouts are required.
- Home games are usually at Conard and Hall.
- Season starts early June and ends mid to late July.
- Tryouts for all 3 divisions are held in late May.
- 15-20 games.
- Highly competitive baseball, serious time commitment.
- League President, Matt Celio firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program is designed for Middle School and High School players.
- Coaches are current and former WHABA and American Legion coaches.
- A great way to keep in baseball shape and prepare for Spring tryouts.
- Typical schedule is
- Wednesdays 3-4pm at FSA in Farmington for fielding and throwing.
- Saturdays – Hitting time slots are assigned to players. Sessions are held at WHABA Hitting building at 90 Day St., Newington.
- Pitching Bullpens: Start in February and are usually Monday or Tuesday nights or Sunday morning depending on the Conard basketball schedule.
American Legion Baseball
- 15U (Prep Legion)
- 17U (Junior Legion)
- 19U (Senior Legion)
- Wood bats are used.
- Players are evaluated on Spring High School season and previous summer experience.
- Tryouts late May/Early June to complete roster (if needed).
- Season begins as soon as High School seasons end.
- General Manager: Jim Hungerford